Daniel Powell 2 p.m., Feb. 26
El Cajon man shoots teenage burglary suspect
A 75-year-old El Cajon resident shot and wounded a burglary suspect while on the phone with police Monday morning (October 7), officers are reporting.
Around 11 a.m., the unnamed resident of the 700 block of Terra Lane in the Granite Hills neighborhood heard a noise in his back bedroom. Fearing for his safety, the burglary victim armed himself with a handgun while relaying information to a police dispatcher.
The suspect, described only as a male juvenile, then came out of the bedroom and a physical altercation ensued. The victim fired two rounds from his gun, one of which struck the suspect in the leg. The suspect then fled, locking himself in the victim’s bathroom until police arrived to extricate him.
The suspect was transported to an area hospital for treatment of the gunshot wound. An investigation into the incident is ongoing and the suspect is expected to face charges upon being cleared to leave the hospital.
More like this:
- Gloved perv popped — June 26, 2015
- Neighbors help nab quartet of burglary suspects in El Cajon — Aug. 5, 2013
- El Cajon Police dog attacks La Mesa officer — Feb. 6, 2013
- Juvenile burglary crew arrested in El Cajon — Oct. 29, 2012
- Kitchen Knifed — Oct. 16, 2009