Don Bauder 10:30 p.m., July 24
Juvenile burglary crew arrested in El Cajon
El Cajon Police arrested 18 year-old Mohammed Muhsin Albatat and three juveniles on burglary charges Saturday night after being called to a residence on the 1200 block of Yerba Verde Drive in the Fletcher Hills neighborhood.
Shortly before 8 p.m., the doorbell at the victim’s house rung. Observing three unfamiliar males outside, he did not open the door, but instead observed the individuals. When the ring went unanswered, the suspects donned gloves and began searching for an unlocked window.
The resident called 911, and while on the phone with a dispatcher heard the suspects gaining access. Responding officers took up positions around the house and captured two of the three would-be burglars, while the third escaped. Another police unit, upon spotting a car that had been associated with the first two suspects, conducted a traffic stop. The two occupants of the vehicle were then connected to the others already in custody and were arrested as well.
Albatat was booked into county jail, while the three underage suspects were transferred to the custody of juvenile hall.
More like this:
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot — Oct. 15, 2013
- El Cajon man shoots teenage burglary suspect — Oct. 8, 2013
- Burglar caught in El Cajon — Sept. 9, 2013
- Neighbors help nab quartet of burglary suspects in El Cajon — Aug. 5, 2013
- Police Nab Teenage Burglars — Oct. 5, 2011