Ken Harrison 6:30 p.m., March 13
Warrant sweep yields 20 arrests
Focus on DUI and domestic violence charges
Sheriff’s deputies cleared 27 warrants and made 20 arrests over the weekend in a warrant sweep targeting individuals with DUI and domestic violence charges outstanding.
Early Saturday morning, authorities began attempting to contact individuals in violation of court orders such as failing to appear for trial. The sweep covered Carlsbad, El Cajon, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, Oceanside, Spring Valley, and Vista, and was funded by the Sheriff’s Warrant System Automation Trust Fund, which is comprised of fees collected from the court order violators.
While efforts to track down individuals with outstanding warrants are ongoing, authorities also encourage those wanted individuals to turn themselves in to deputies at a regional courthouse during weekday business hours.
More like this:
- Fourteen arrested on outstanding warrants — Oct. 7, 2013
- DUI, domestic violence warrant sweeps yield 27 arrests — June 17, 2013
- St. Patrick's weekend DUI checkpoints net two drunk drivers — March 18, 2013
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- Man Hides From Cops in Attic — June 23, 2011