10:55 p.m., Aug. 31
DUI, domestic violence warrant sweeps yield 27 arrests
The San Diego Sheriff’s Department conducted another early morning warrant sweep on Saturday (June 15), clearing 36 warrants by arresting 27 individuals with misdemeanor and felony domestic violence and DUI warrants outstanding.
This week’s sweeps focused on the cities of Vista, San Marcos, Oceanside, Encinitas, National City, Chula Vista, and Imperial Beach. Two weeks ago, a similar sweep resulted in 20 arrests.
As with the last operation, funds from the Sheriff's Warrant System Automation Trust Fund paid for the work of deputies throughout the county. The Fund receives money from fees assessed against individuals who violate written promises to appear in court to answer their charges.
More like this:
- Fourteen arrested on outstanding warrants — Oct. 7, 2013
- Warrant sweep yields 20 arrests — June 3, 2013
- St. Patrick's weekend DUI checkpoints net two drunk drivers — March 18, 2013
- Supercross sweeps effective in nabbing DUI drivers — Feb. 11, 2013
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012