Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Jan. 29
Tijuana hotel raided in search for Dorner
Mexico border on high alert in search of fugitive
A Tijuana hotel was raided early Monday evening, February 11th, in search of United States fugitive Christopher Dorner. The Hotel Tapatio, which is located 250 meters from the U.S. border, was searched by over 20 officers. No evidence of Dorner was found on the property. What led to the search has not been disclosed yet.
The Customs and Border Protection agency declared Monday that it would be heightening inspections for vehicles Mexico bound. Authorities warned that traffic would be heightened while the search continues.
Dorner is a former LAPD officer who is alleged to have killed three people and attempted to kill another three. Authorities have put up a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of the 33 year old suspect.
More like this:
- Tijuana police on watch for Dorner, suspected cop killer — Feb. 8, 2013
- Chula Vista Murder Suspects Arrested in Tijuana — March 27, 2012
- Breeding, Fighting, Dying — Jan. 14, 2010
- Greetings from Tijuana — Aug. 6, 2008
- After They Shot Juan — Dec. 4, 1997