Justin Powell 1 p.m., Dec. 13
The publication Business Insider ranks "The 25 Most Dangerous Colleges in America." The data look at violent and property crimes from 2008-2011 in schools with more than 10,000 in enrollment. San Diego State is 7th with 29,187 enrollment, 27 violent and 575 property crimes per year. The publication says crime was down last year with only 5 forcible rapes, 3 robberies and 5 aggravated assaults. The University of California Los Angeles was listed as the most dangerous school. One administrator stated that crime in off-campus areas where university police have concurrent jurisdiction may swell totals invidiously.
More like this:
- Prison realignment program tied to higher crime rates — Dec. 10, 2013
- San Diego ranked 2nd safest large city in U.S. — Feb. 12, 2013
- Gun seizures, assaults, and rapes escalating at SDSU — Dec. 19, 2012
- Violent crime dropping in Mexico & U.S. border cities — Nov. 5, 2012
- San Diego Ranks As 28th Most Dangerous for Pedestrians — Aug. 19, 2011