Various Authors 1:40 p.m., Aug. 29
San Diego ranked 2nd safest large city in U.S.
Recent list compiled on FBI statistics gives California cities high rankings
A recent list released, created by CQ Press and compiled on FBI statistics, ranks San Diego as the 2nd safest city in the United States with a population above 500,000. The annual list was compiled on crime statistics to rate the cities for the beginning of 2013.
El Paso topped the list with the lowest crime rate ranking. Other California cities made the top ten safest, with San Jose at 5th and Los Angeles at 6th. Detroit was listed with the highest crime rate ranking. No California cities or cities near the Mexico border made the most dangerous category.
More like this:
- Baja California homicides up as result of drug violence — May 7, 2013
- Violent crime dropping in Mexico & U.S. border cities — Nov. 5, 2012
- Mexico Murder Rate Declining for First Time in Years — Aug. 2, 2012
- FBI Releases Hate Crime Numbers for San Diego — Nov. 15, 2011
- County of Chlamydia — Nov. 21, 2007