• News Ticker alerts

Amateur paparazzi seem to be tailing Mitt Romney as he and wife Ann move around San Diego County. One of their homes is in La Jolla. According to Yahoo!, Romney and Ann were seen at a movie in Del Mar and at a pizza place across the street, as reported on TMZ. Then, a photo of the defeated candidate filling up at a gas station in La Jolla ran on Reddit.com.

• News Ticker alerts

Comments

Javajoe25 Nov. 21, 2012 @ 10:41 a.m.

I hope this doesn't continue. Mitt was seen checking the air in his tires; Mitt was seen going to the men's room; Mitt was seen scratching his head; Mitt was seen looking in a store window. Puh-leese. Why would anyone now care what Mitt does unless he decides on another run for office?

Don Bauder Nov. 21, 2012 @ 1:41 p.m.

JavaJoe: Good point, but this is the price of being a celebrity. If you choose to run for president, you have to expect the paparazzi, pro and amateur, to tail you. Best, Don Bauder

Javajoe25 Nov. 22, 2012 @ 10:33 a.m.

I hear that, but considering the guy is living here now, I suspect there will be many sightings of Mitt & family out doing what people do, are the prazzi and others going to report each and every simple and common thing they do?

Don't get me wrong, I do not like the guy; did not vote for him and am very thankful (considering what day it is) that he did not win the election, so I hope people do not continue treating him like a celeb and possibly causing him to think he should consider running for some office here now that he's a resident.

In other words, let the dead dog stay dead.

Don Bauder Nov. 22, 2012 @ 2:56 p.m.

JavaJoe: I think people will get weary of the press trailing Romney around. I think his political career is over: too many severe bloopers. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder Nov. 22, 2012 @ 9:38 p.m.

SP: He gets caught giving his 47% speech to what he thought was a private audience, then after he lost gives a similar speech to donors. He just can't learn. Best, Don Bauder

Duhbya Nov. 23, 2012 @ 12:39 a.m.

And in what may turn out to be the ultimate political irony, Dave Wasserman of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report contends that when the final vote count (including a large amount of California's) is tallied, Willard may wind up with 47% of the vote. He currently is at 47.56%. Poetic justice?

Dennis Nov. 22, 2012 @ 3 p.m.

My theory is that if Mitt had won the election the La Jolla house would have been the "Western Whitehouse". Plan B was that if he lost he could run for governor of California in the next election. Remember, you heard it here first!

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 22, 2012 @ 7:18 p.m.

!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice theory.....

I think Romney has had it with politics, but even if he hadn't he has burned so many bridges, in his own party, he is finished.

And has anyone ever heard of a guy named "Mitt" before???? Maybe his last name should be Rawlings.

Don Bauder Nov. 23, 2012 @ 7:40 p.m.

SP: I think the consensus of so-called experts is that Romney is through. Of course, they said that of Nixon, too, after he lost the California governorship race. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder Nov. 22, 2012 @ 9:40 p.m.

Dennis: Heard it here first? Seems I have heard it before. Somebody named Tricky Dick tried it. Best, Don Bauder

tomjohnston Nov. 23, 2012 @ 9:25 a.m.

Unless I'm mistaken, the '62 governor's race was when Nixon said to the media, after getting his ass kicked by Moonbeam's father, "you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore", or at least something close to that. Not exactly a prophetic statement.

ImJustABill Nov. 22, 2012 @ 8:33 p.m.

He's a good husband taking his wife to see that Twilight movie - I'm assuming that Twilight wouldn't be the first choice of too many guys.

Don Bauder Nov. 22, 2012 @ 9:42 p.m.

ImJustABill: Twilight movie? Is there a new film of Wagner's Gotterdammerung? Fitting. Best, Don Bauder

ImJustABill Nov. 22, 2012 @ 8:34 p.m.

I didn't think there were any movie theatres in DM. Maybe they mean Cinepolis in Carmel Valley?

Don Bauder Nov. 22, 2012 @ 9:44 p.m.

ImJustABill: No movie theaters in Del Mar? Have we a canard here? Best, Don Bauder

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 23, 2012 @ 9:23 a.m.

Del Mar had the Flower Hill 4 plex at Via De La Valle, on the east side of 5, don't know if it is still there

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 23, 2012 @ 9:25 a.m.

There is also a multiplex at Carmel Valley and El Camino....

Don Bauder Nov. 23, 2012 @ 10:19 a.m.

SP: My wife and I usually go to 2 or 3 movies a year, if that. Just saw "Lincoln." It is as good as the reviews -- great movie. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder Nov. 23, 2012 @ 10:17 a.m.

SP: Does somebody disagree with that? Best, Don Bauder

Duhbya Nov. 23, 2012 @ 11:14 a.m.

I'm still trying find the "Canard Cinema".

Don Bauder Nov. 24, 2012 @ 8:53 a.m.

Duhbya: Actually, most theaters could be called the Canard Cinema, just as most newspapers could be called "The Daily Canard." Best, Don Bauder

ImJustABill Nov. 24, 2012 @ 7:27 a.m.

A map, if it could talk, would disagree with calling anything East of I-5 "Del Mar". Of course many businesses don't really mind stretching the truth when it comes to their location.

Don Bauder Nov. 24, 2012 @ 8:55 a.m.

ImJustABill: Del Mar Cinema sounds better than El Cajon Theater. Best, Don Bauder