Dorian Hargrove 2:30 p.m., April 18
Longtime Arellano-Félix Cartel Lieutenant Captured
After 11 years on the run, a top lieutenant of the Arellano-Félix Organization (AFO) was captured in Tijuana. Pedro Aguilar Ulivarría, also known as “El Pit” or “El Uno”, was arrested Friday, May 25th.
Aguilar Ulivarría was wanted for the murders of multiple people, including three police officers. He is also wanted for kidnapping, conspiracy, and aiding in a prison escape. Aguilar Ulivarría has allegedly been active in the AFO since the late 1990’s.
Aguilar Ulivarría is believed to have been the right hand man to Arturo “El Nalgon” Villarreal Heredia, a former top leader of the AFO. Villarreal Heredia, who grew up in San Diego and attended Southwest High School, was arrested in 2006 along with Francisco Javier Arellano-Félix while boating in international waters. Villarreal-Heredia is currently serving a 30 year prison term at Coleman Federal Prison, near Orlando, Florida.
The Public Security Secretary of State, Daniel de la Rosa Anaya, gave statements while Aguilar Ulivarría was put on display for media Saturday.
More like this:
- DEA official claims Arellano Félix Organization dead, despite current activity in Tijuana — May 29, 2013
- Top cartel operative apprehended in Tijuana — March 15, 2013
- Arellano Félix kidnapping kingpin caught — Dec. 19, 2012
- Despite news reports, Eduardo not the last remaining Arellano Félix brother — Sept. 1, 2012
- Report: Arellano-Félix Organization Still Runs Baja — June 20, 2012