Marty Graham 6:30 p.m., May 31
Group Plans to Protest Issa Fundraiser
Protesters organized by Women Occupy San Diego have vowed to picket a fundraiser for Congressman Darrell Issa tonight at the Shadowridge Country Club in Vista.
Issa “recently held a panel investigation on contraception but refused to allow women to speak. Picketers want Issa to know they will make their views heard, despite his best efforts to ignore them,” alleges a release being distributed by the group.
“This was part of a pattern by Chairman Issa to politicize everything he does with the [House Oversight Committee],” says organizer Martha Sullivan. “I think a lot of women and men were upset and it’s important for the public to see how truly biased he is.”
The alleged event, which is not publicized on Issa’s campaign or Congressional websites, nor on his Facebook page, invites guests to pay between $125 and $5,000 to, in the words of Women Occupy, “be able to lobby the Congressman.”
More like this:
- Immigration reform activists visit Darrell Issa's office — Nov. 24, 2013
- Occupy Makes Democratic Convention Showing — Feb. 12, 2012
- Allegations of Police Brutality at Occupy San Diego — Jan. 2, 2012
- Suspicious Bottle Outside Issa's Office Not a Bomb — Dec. 2, 2011
- Occupy San Diego Joins Veterans Day Parade, Holds Teach-ins — Nov. 10, 2011