Robert Bush 5 p.m., Jan. 23
Wine Tasting with Filner, Issa plays Tagg for Holiday Fundraising
Democratic congressman Bob Filner, running for mayor of San Diego, has been relatively scarce of late around Capitol corridors, so much so that he's failed to give a dime from his small congressional campaign war chest to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's election fund.
But whether present or not, Filner lent his name and, presumably, mailing list to a "California Wine Tasting" fundraising event thrown in a Washington townhouse on December 13 by the state's Democratic caucus to benefit Los Angeles Rep. Howard Berman.
Ironically, Berman is also on the list of non-donors to the House Democratic committee. He's fighting a primary battle against another Democrat, Rep. Brad Sherman.
Price of admission ran from $500 to $2500.
The next day it was GOP Rep. Darrell Issa's turn at rainmaking as co-sponsor of a fundraiser for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign held at Washington's Lincoln Restaurant and featuring Romney's son Tagg.
Entrants were charged up to $5000 each per couple or PAC.
Both invites were posted online by PoliticalPartyTime.org
More like this:
- San Diego's GOP fundraising fox hosted by lobbyists' PAC — June 21, 2013
- Two San Diego pols reported among top richest in Congress — Jan. 16, 2013
- Federal Election Commission Cites "Problems" with Filner 2012 Campaign Committee Disclosures — May 22, 2012
- Insurance Lobby Throws Washington, D.C. Fundraiser for Juan Vargas — March 26, 2012
- Bob Filner Dunned by Nancy Pelosi — Dec. 19, 2011