Jeff Smith 3:30 p.m., June 28
Spanos Clan to Host Romney Fundraiser at Stockton Estate
GOP presidential candidate and part-time La Jolla resident Mitt Romney will be in Stockton on March 27 for a fundraiser being thrown for him at the posh estate of Chargers owner Alex Spanos, according to today's Stockton Record.
There will be only 500 seats at the $1,000-per-plate breakfast, the paper says.
The event is a second try of sorts for the Spanos family.
Back on December 1, Alex's son Dean Spanos, who runs the Chargers, and his wife Susie joined with the other Spanos children to throw a $500 per plate ($1000 for "VIP" photo op) lunchtime fundraiser at Sacramento's Park Ultra Lounge for Texas GOP governor and then-presidential candidate Rick Perry.
Siblings in attendance included brother and Chargers executive vice president Michael Spanos and wife Helen; sister Dea Spanos Berberian, a vice president of A.G. Spanos Companies, and her husband Ron; and sister Alexis Spanos Ruhl, also a Spanos company V.P., and her husband Barry.
Pictured: Mitt Romney
More like this:
- Another day, another $750,000 for Chargers' stadium cause — May 20, 2016
- La Jolla’s Marco moment — Feb. 25, 2015
- Rick Perry's La Jolla super PAC down to its last $946 — Feb. 7, 2013
- Copley Goes for Romney; Burnham and Spanos Pick Perry — Dec. 30, 2011
- Spanos Fundraiser for Rick Perry a Family Affair — Nov. 23, 2011