Ian Anderson 2 p.m., March 9
Sempra and Spanos Family Gave Big Bucks to Rick Perry
Non-profit investigative journalism site California Watch is out with a list of California donors to conservative Texas governor Rick Perry's campaigns in that state.
With no Lone Star state limits on the amount of money that can be given, Perry, now a likely GOP presidential prospect, has over the years been raking in big cash from a wealthy California contingent.
According to the California Watch list they include:
Alex Spanos, Chargers owner $15,000; Dean Spanos, ditto, $15,000; Sempra Energy PAC $5,000; Sempra Energy Employees PAC $5,000; Sempra Energy $2,500; Dan Shea, Donovan's owner and Chargers stadium backer $1,000; E Trimble, KFMB $1,000; Manchester Financial Group $1,000; and Barbara Woodbury $1,000.
La Jolla politico Bob Schuman has also been beating the bushes for Perry's presidential aspirations.
More like this:
- Army to award sole source contract to Chargers for Guard recruiting — June 10, 2013
- Rick Perry's La Jolla super PAC down to its last $946 — Feb. 7, 2013
- Spanos Clan to Host Romney Fundraiser at Stockton Estate — March 6, 2012
- Rick Perry's La Jolla Super PAC Reinvents Itself — Feb. 13, 2012
- Copley Goes for Romney; Burnham and Spanos Pick Perry — Dec. 30, 2011