Mercy Baron 9:30 p.m., July 29
Mexican Mafia Fugitive Caught in Tijuana
A fugitive from Los Angeles, who is a known member of the Mexican Mafia gang, was apprehended in Tijuana this week. 52 year old José Luis Montellano was wanted with arrests warrants for armed robbery, bank robbery, and probation violations.
Municipal police worked with the international department of the state police, as well as the U.S. Marshals, to apprehend the suspect. Montellano was found in the colonia Salvatierra, which is on the southwest side of Tijuana. He had been hiding in Mexico since at least January of this year.
The Mexican Mafia is a dangerous gang that originates in U.S. prisons. Many sureño street gangs in Southern California and in the prison system work in coordination under the Mexican Mafia. The gang has been active in California since the late 1950’s.
Montellano will be sent to the U.S. immediately to face prosecution.
More like this:
- Texan fugitive arrested in Tijuana — Oct. 27, 2012
- Man who threatened to blow up San Diego courthouse arrested in Tijuana — Aug. 20, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012
- San Bernardino Escapee Caught in Tijuana — June 23, 2012
- FBI & Baja Police to Up Information Exchange — May 14, 2012