Brandon Hernández 8 a.m., Jan. 31
San Bernardino Escapee Caught in Tijuana
An inmate who escaped from a correctional facility in San Bernardino County was picked up in Tijuana Friday, June 22nd. Steven Patrick Gallagher, the escapee, was arrested by Federal Police agents around noon.
Gallagher escaped on Tuesday along with Jonathon Mundo, who was captured not far from the detention center. The two were being held at the Glen Helen Rehabilitation Center, in Devore, CA, in connection with a string of armed robberies.
Gallagher is suspected to have caught a ride straight south to the Mexican border, and then entered Tijuana by foot.
U.S. immigration agents picked up Gallagher at 9pm on Friday evening, and handed him over to the San Bernardino County Sherriff’s Department.
More like this:
- Texan fugitive arrested in Tijuana — Oct. 27, 2012
- Two U.S. Fugitives Arrested in Baja — Aug. 5, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012
- Mexican Mafia Fugitive Caught in Tijuana — June 16, 2012
- FBI & Baja Police to Up Information Exchange — May 14, 2012