Dominic DeGrazier 3:37 p.m., Sept. 21
Over 2 Tons of Marijuana Seized Headed for Tijuana
The Mexican Army confiscated 2,300 kilograms of marijuana (5,070.6 pounds) at a checkpoint on Tuesday, June 5th. The drugs were found in a cargo trailer when it was searched on highway 3, between El Golfo de Santa Clara and Mexicali.
The vehicle was allegedly traveling from Guadalajara to Tijuana. The drugs were found hidden among furniture in the trailer.
While marijuana is being found grown in many parts of Mexico, large amounts are still grown and shipped out of southwest Mexico.
The marijuana was put on display for media today at the Army barracks in San Luis Rio Colorado.
More like this:
- Large drug seizures on both sides of border — Aug. 5, 2013
- Over 7 tons of marijuana seized in TJ — Nov. 6, 2012
- Another Huge Pot Bust, 22 Tons Seized at Checkpoint — June 21, 2012
- Mexican Army Intercepts Drug Shipment — May 6, 2012
- Over 7 Tons of Marijuana Seized in Baja — March 6, 2012