Don Bauder 8:30 a.m., May 6
Shooutout Near Santo Tomás
A shooutout occurred near the Baja California town of Santo Tomás Thursday evening, July 5th. The El Mexicano newspaper reported that a gun battle occurred when Mexican Army officers approached alleged drug traffickers on a rural road near the town.
Santo Tomás, which is 103 miles down the coast from Tijuana, is a small town that lies off of the Mexican Federal Highway 1.
According to the municipal office of Santo Tomás, the suspects were in a late model Toyota Tacoma. The suspects were carrying several large packages of marijuana. Details on arrests have not been released.
Last month over two tons of marijuana were found floating in the Pacific Ocean southwest of Santo Tomás.
More like this:
- Crystal meth bust near Ensenada, BC — April 22, 2013
- Over 10 tons of drugs seized in Baja California Sur — March 25, 2013
- Big seizures — Nov. 14, 2012
- Another Huge Pot Bust, 22 Tons Seized at Checkpoint — June 21, 2012
- Over 12 Tons of Marijuana Found in Pacific Ocean — June 19, 2012