4 p.m., Jan. 27
Tequila bottle meth bust in Tijuana
Two suspects caught with 83 pounds of meth hidden in liquor bottles
Two suspects were arrested in Tijuana on Thursday, December 27th, after state police discovered a couple transporting approximately 38 kilograms (83.7 pounds) of crystal methamphetamine. The narcotics were found hidden in numerous tequila bottles. According to state authorities, police found small amounts of meth on the suspects, which led to the discovery of the larger amount hidden in the trunk of the vehicle.
The suspects, one male and one female, had brought the narcotics from the Mexican state of Michoacán. Authorities presented the two suspects for local media and stated they admitted to being members of the “La Familia Michoacána” criminal organization.
Authorities stated the drugs had an approximate value of 19,000,000 pesos ($1,450,000 USD).
More like this:
- Baja state police turn down $240,000 bribe during arrest — June 15, 2013
- Authorities seize over one ton of marijuana from Tijuana residence — May 11, 2013
- Over 10 tons of drugs seized in Baja California Sur — March 25, 2013
- American caught with over 16 kilos of meth near La Paz — Sept. 24, 2012
- 21 Arrested with Narcotics in Mexicali — March 4, 2012