Ken Leighton 1 p.m., June 27
American caught with over 16 kilos of meth near La Paz
Federal Police stopped a Ford Expedition with California plates near La Paz last week which led to a significant drug bust. Daniel Peña, who is a United States citizen, was arrested after authorities found 16 packages of crystal methamphetamine hidden in his vehicle.
The official weight of the drugs was 16,736 kg (35.25 pounds). Police noticed an anomaly on the exhaust pipe, which led to a hidden compartment holding the narcotics.
Peña's city of origin has not been released by authorities at this time.
More like this:
- Operation Methabunga bungled — June 21, 2015
- Man born in Tijuana prison suspected of killing 7 in La Paz — June 13, 2013
- Authorities seize over one ton of marijuana from Tijuana residence — May 11, 2013
- Tequila bottle meth bust in Tijuana — Dec. 30, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Wanted Man Arrested in Indeco; 2nd Carnival of Computing Performance — Dec. 23, 2012