Don Bauder 1:30 p.m., July 25
American caught with over 16 kilos of meth near La Paz
Federal Police stopped a Ford Expedition with California plates near La Paz last week which led to a significant drug bust. Daniel Peña, who is a United States citizen, was arrested after authorities found 16 packages of crystal methamphetamine hidden in his vehicle.
The official weight of the drugs was 16,736 kg (35.25 pounds). Police noticed an anomaly on the exhaust pipe, which led to a hidden compartment holding the narcotics.
Peña's city of origin has not been released by authorities at this time.
More like this:
- Two ultra-light drug smuggling aircrafts seized in Baja — July 17, 2013
- Man born in Tijuana prison suspected of killing 7 in La Paz — June 13, 2013
- Authorities seize over one ton of marijuana from Tijuana residence — May 11, 2013
- Over 10 tons of drugs seized in Baja California Sur — March 25, 2013
- Tequila bottle meth bust in Tijuana — Dec. 30, 2012