Barbarella Fokos 11 a.m., May 29
Calexico border agents seize cash headed for Mexico, meth headed for U.S.
Agents seize 59 pounds of meth and $654,900 in separate busts
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Calexico port of entry have been busy in recent days, making busts going each way at the border. On Thursday, August 29, officers seized 59 pounds of methamphetamine from a 40 year old Mexicali, Baja California woman. According to CBP officials, the port’s image detecting system found packages of the narcotic hidden throughout the vehicle.
A day later, on August 30, officers were alerted by a detection dog looking for cash. A search revealed $654,000 in US cash hidden in a vehicle headed for Mexico. A 45 year old Tecate, Baja California man was arrested.
According to CBP officials, both suspects were taken to the Imperial County Jail to await arraignment.
On September 2, officers further north at the San Clemente commercial inspection center seized 9 tons of marijuana from a tractor trailer.
More like this:
- Border agents make big seizure at Otay Mesa — Aug. 27, 2013
- Large drug seizures on both sides of border — Aug. 5, 2013
- California woman busted with 23 pounds of narcotics at Calexico port of entry — June 18, 2013
- Big border busts — Dec. 12, 2012
- Border News Translations: $1 Million in Drugs Seized; 28 Migrants Caught; 32 Police Want Compensation — April 23, 2011