Susan Luzzaro 5:30 p.m., Dec. 18
Norv Turner's $1.2 million beach pad
Reportedly soon to be fired Chargers coach purchased well-appointed South Mission Beach unit in April
Chargers head coach Norv Turner apparently has more confidence in San Diego real estate than the team-owning Spanos family ended up having in him, judging from a $1.2 million South Mission Beach condo purchase the floundering football figure made in April.
According to an April 23 deed and mortgage recorded here, Turner and his wife Nancy borrowed $900,000 from BNY Mellon bank to close the deal.
The beachfront unit on Ocean Front Walk features three bedrooms and two and a half baths, along with expansive views of palm trees and water.
In addition to the South Mission property, the couple also owns an oversized 4 bedroom, 3 bath Del Mar bungalow in the $5 million range purchased in June 2008.
Back in April 2009, we reported that Turner was sighted in Los Angeles pitching the team to would-be season ticket holders there, but the coach ended up spending his career with the team in San Diego.
More like this:
- Exeunt Turner, stage left — Dec. 31, 2012
- Disgusted Norv Turner tears Chargers emblem from windbreaker, tosses it onto end-zone turf — Dec. 31, 2012
- Introducing Bob Filner, stand-up guy — Dec. 26, 2012
- In other other news... — Sept. 7, 2012
- Box Office Report — May 7, 2012