Tanya Schroeder 11:48 a.m., Dec. 12
Blind Burro: Busy being born
Latest in good-time cluster expanding again at 7th and J
"We've been working on this ten weeks," says Pat Gallaher, the foreman. "I'd give it another ten days we should be good to go."
This is a few days ago. He's talking from a little crane inside this ol' building at 639 J, at 7th. Right now, this is his baby. He's overseeing the creation of - drum roll please - The Blind Burro...
...which comes from the owners of Bub's, Block 16, Lucky's, Tipsy Crow...looks like these guys are on a roll.
So still a work in progress. But what can we expect?
"Good food, Baja Coastal, like grilled fish, chicken, shrimp," says Pat, "plus walk-up bar streetside, and lots of tequila."
Why "Blind Burro"?
"Blind to the border," says Sean Green the manager.
The walk-up bar also sounds good to me. But bottom line: Hope ten bucks will get me into that shrimp.
Ooh arr, me hearties! This be a coastal seafood place
Iron chandelier dates back to when this was the Fleetwood. Sean says it stays
More like this:
- Prep Kitchen Little Italy: 2012 was a very good year... — Jan. 7, 2013
- Landini's: Little Italy's cheeriest frontage? — Dec. 28, 2012
- Gumbo with the Wizard of Oz — Dec. 16, 2012
- Breakfast? Honey-Do! — Dec. 5, 2012
- Lucha Libre: It's worth the fight! — Oct. 4, 2012