Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., March 25
Looking for singles?
Lowest male marriage rate in Imperial Beach, says Census
The United States Census Bureau yesterday (Dec. 6) released 2007-2011 neighborhood data from its American Community Survey. Some high and low nuggets from the San Diego metro area: in Imperial Beach, only 42.9% of males are married; in Lemon Grove, only 40.5% of females are hitched. These are among the lowest in the county. Highest: 73.5% of males in Eucalyptus Hills and 89.8% of females in Camp Pendleton South. In Bonita, 50.3% of people over 5 years of age speak a language other than English at home. Lowest: San Diego Country Estates at 6.1%. Countywide rate: 36.7%. In Coronado, 58.7% of people 25 and over have bachelor's degrees or higher. The lowest: Bostonia (embracing parts of northeast El Cajon and nearby unincorporated areas), 12.6%. Countywide the number is 34.2%. In Lake San Marcos, 30.5% of households have a person 65 or older living alone. The lowest figure was Jamul, 3.6%.
More like this:
- South Bay water cost to drop (and then rise) — Feb. 10, 2017
- North County wealth study — Dec. 8, 2016
- Couch-surf or get a roommate — Feb. 27, 2013
- Report Cites Escalating Poverty Levels — Sept. 22, 2011
- Asian Households Had Highest Median Incomes in County in 2007, Census Data Show — Aug. 26, 2008