Dorian Hargrove 5:30 p.m., March 26
In light of recently released census figures, the neighborhood of Lemon Grove (only 40.5% of females married) has invited the neighborhood of Imperial Beach (only 42.9% of males married) to a mixer at Bonita's Rohr Park on Saturday, December 8th, beginning at 5 p.m. with a picnic supper. "It seemed like a nice middle ground," said Lemon Grove. "We'll have dancing and some live music, and maybe even some adult refreshments. But we do want to stress that the mixer will be a semi-formal affair. Imperial Beach will have to shave and put on a shirt - and maybe lose the flip flops. It might not hurt to start looking for a job, either."
As of press time, Imperial Beach was still considering the invitation. "I dunno, man. It just sounds like a lot of effort, you know? And I'm thinking Lemon Grove has just one thing on its mind, and it isn't a quick roll in the sand."
More like this:
- In wake of Hooters ban on Filner, Tilted Kilt extends invitation to embattled Mayor — Aug. 14, 2013
- Looking for singles? — Dec. 7, 2012
- Where the Mountain Meets the Sky — Oct. 19, 2006
- You Could Hear a Pin Drop At Night! — May 18, 2006
- The Bear of Lemon Grove — Jan. 19, 2006