Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Jerry Sanders for Romney's Veep?
<p>Examiner.com has come up with a suggestion that will astonish knowledgeable San Diegans: retiring Mayor Jerry Sanders could be on the vice president ticket with Mitt Romney. The publication asserts, "Under Mayor Sanders' mayorship, the city of San Diego has gone from near financial anarchy to a projected surplus." Of course, this purported feat was greatly accomplished by Sanders completely neglecting the city's infrastructure, but Examiner.com may not know that. Sanders has a resume "that could warm the heart of any moderate," says the publication. "A retired police officer, head of the United Way of San Diego, a [chief executive officer], fundraiser, and a popular mayor in a large border city with a heavily Latino population." Sanders supports gay marriage and "seems to support abortion rights," says the publication, and that could offend the far right of the Republican party. Sanders' lack of knowledge of foreign and national affairs could hurt, too, although the publication doesn't mention that.
More like this:
- Appeal over Romney's proposed remodel dropped. Project set to move forward. — June 20, 2013
- Mayor Sanders Shows Support For Bonnie Dumanis In YouTube Video — Feb. 8, 2012
- Bypassing the Bridge — June 8, 2011
- Lisa with an L — Oct. 8, 2008
- Honest Probe? Ha Ha Ha Ha — July 5, 2007