Ken Harrison 2:31 p.m., July 28
Bridgepoint Wins Online Education Award
Bridgepoint Education, the San Diego-based operator of two small colleges in Colorado and Iowa that focus on their internet-based offerings, has announced that it is the recipient of a 2011 Quality Matters Making a Difference for Students Award. The award was bestowed upon Bridgepoint’s Clinton, Iowa-based Ashford University, which the for-profit educator purchased in 2005.
Quality Matters, a fee-based peer review system that charges members from $1,650 to $5,500 or more for membership, rates and critiques the effectiveness of online learning programs, offering subscribers to its service guidance on developing better curriculum.
The company presented Ashford with the award at its third annual conference in Baltimore last week. Ashford was listed in the event program as a “Silver” level sponsor. The college was also featured in a half-page ad in the program. It was the only college to sponsor the event, joined by three “Gold” level sponsors, all of which were companies that help schools develop curriculum.
“It's a great honor for Ashford University to receive this award,” said Dr. Elizabeth Tice, president of Ashford University in a press release Wednesday.
Pictured: Ashford University ad in event program
More like this:
- Ashford University to close its doors — July 11, 2015
- Southwestern College, Ashford University Ink Transfer Deal — April 25, 2012
- Bridgepoint Offers Transfer Program to Community College Students — Jan. 6, 2012
- Local Law Firm Looking into Bridgepoint — March 17, 2011
- U-T Puffs up Bridgepoint. Uh, Look Further — April 30, 2010