Dorian Hargrove 6:30 p.m., Sept. 1
Southwestern College, Ashford University Ink Transfer Deal
Ashford University, the for-profit college based in Iowa but offering mostly online courses, has reached articulation agreements with 11 community and regional colleges, San Diego-based parent Bridgepoint Education reports. Southwestern College in Chula Vista is among the institutions inking deals that allow their students to transfer credits to Ashford bachelor’s degree programs.
“These agreements are great for all schools and students involved and makes for an almost seamless transition into a four-year university,” said Ashford academic partnership director Mark Young in a release.
Bridgepoint, while steadily increasing student enrollment and shareholder profits, has drawn in the past criticism for maintaining a marketing budget that exceeds its education budget, and basing enrollment on a prospective student’s maximum federal loan qualifications.
More like this:
- Ashford University to close its doors — July 11, 2015
- Bridgepoint opens new division targeting professionals seeking certification — June 11, 2013
- For-profit colleges exploit African-Americans — June 10, 2013
- Bridgepoint Offers Transfer Program to Community College Students — Jan. 6, 2012
- Bridgepoint Announces Painting Project, Improved Profits — Nov. 1, 2011