Ian Anderson 2 p.m., March 2
Bridgepoint Offers Transfer Program to Community College Students
Bridgepoint Education, the local for-profit online educator, announced yesterday that it established articulation agreements during the final quarter of 2011 with five community colleges.
Under the agreements, students of Indian Hills Community College in Iowa; Yavapai College and Mohave Community College in Arizona; Joliet Junior College in Illinois; and College of Southern Nevada in Nevada would be able to apply credits toward an eventual bachelor’s degree at Ashford University, one of two brick-and-mortar schools owned by Bridgepoint with a campus in Clinton, Iowa.
“These agreements are great for all schools and students involved,” Ashford director of academic partnerships Mark Young said in a release by the school. “It makes for an almost seamless transition to a four-year university.”
More like this:
- Bridgepoint opens new division targeting professionals seeking certification — June 11, 2013
- Bridgepoint earnings take a hit — Nov. 5, 2012
- Southwestern College, Ashford University Ink Transfer Deal — April 25, 2012
- Bridgepoint Wins Online Education Award — Nov. 17, 2011
- Local Law Firm Looking into Bridgepoint — March 17, 2011