Ken Harrison 5:30 p.m., Oct. 25
Workforce Index Declines
The local labor market didn't receive good news in the latest results of the San Diego Workforce Index. The index declined to 84.92 in September from August's 85.15.
The consumer confidence index for the Pacific Region plunged almost 40% between September and October.
Jobs dropped in September from August, the number of jobs available on Indeed.com declined significantly, and first time filers for unemployment insurance rose.
On the positive side, the University of San Diego's index of leading indicators edged up to 116.1 in September from 116.0 in August, the September unemployment rate declined, and temporary employment rose.
More like this:
- Workforce Index Rises for Fifth Straight Month — Feb. 8, 2012
- SD October Jobs Outlook Improves — Dec. 7, 2011
- Local Jobs Index Inches Up — Sept. 29, 2011
- Workforce Index Drops for First Time in Five Months — July 27, 2011
- SD Workforce Index Rises Sharply — April 6, 2011