5:30 a.m., Feb. 22
SD October Jobs Outlook Improves
The workforce index published by the San Diego Workforce Partnership rose beyond the normal seasonal increase, according to Mark Cafferty, president of the partnership. Indeed.com job availability leapt from 74,580 in September to 88,212.
The county unemployment rate inched downward from 9.8% to 9.7% and first-time filings for unemployment insurance dropped by more than 2,000. Total and temporary employment rose. The only negatives were a slight drop in the University of San Diego leading indicators and a significant drop in the Conference Board's Pacific Region Consumer Confidence Index from 50.1 to 36.6.
More like this:
- Local Workforce Index Drops — April 30, 2012
- Workforce Index Rises for Fifth Straight Month — Feb. 8, 2012
- Workforce Index Declines — Nov. 7, 2011
- Local Jobs Index Inches Up — Sept. 29, 2011
- Workforce Index Drops for First Time in Five Months — July 27, 2011