Garrett Harris 6 p.m., Aug. 30
San Diego Is iPad Friendly
San Diegans love the iPad and other computer tablets, at least that's what a survey conducted for the September issue of Men's Health Magazine.
According to the survey, San Diego ranks as the seventh most-iPad-friendly city in the country.
The leading tablet-friendly cities, from the top were Plano, Texas, San Jose, San Francisco, Boise, Austin, and Oakland, and then San Diego.
The five least iPad-amenable cities were Stockton, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Detroit, Fort Wayne, and in last place was Toledo, Ohio.
It comes as no surprise that the leading cities are home to a few of the largest tech-companies in the country. Plano, for example, is the headquarters for Ericcson, Hewlett Packard, and Siemens. Most of the cities that ranked at the bottom were older, more industrial areas.
More like this:
- San Diego ranks #2: the beautiful people — Nov. 28, 2012
- San Diego Top-Ten Most Eco-Friendly City In Nation — Aug. 4, 2012
- UCSD Physicians Slow to Adopt iPads, Report Says — Dec. 27, 2011
- San Diego Ranks 38 in Best Cities for Business Study — Dec. 13, 2011
- Survey Finds San Diego Budget Hotels Are A Little Too Budget — Nov. 28, 2011