Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Feb. 26
San Diego Top-Ten Most Eco-Friendly City In Nation
I know these top-ten surveys can get a bit old. Remember the one from the cheese-filled pretzel company, Combos, that ranked San Diego as the "least manly city" in the nation? Or, how about the one from Marketwatch which placed San Diego 38th on the list of "business-friendly cities"?
Well, for those of you, however few there may be, that like to see how San Diego compares to other cities, a new survey from service-finding website, Thumbtack, found San Diego to rank 10th on the list of nation's most "eco-friendly" cities.
The researchers looked at the cities which provide the highest number of eco-friendly services, i.e., environmentally-conscious housekeepers who use biodegradable products, or green-minded companies that install solar panels or build eco-friendly buildings. Researchers also looked at the prevalence of bicycle repair, organic catering, electronics recycling, sustainable interior design, chemical-free pest control, chemical-free carpet cleaning, and home energy audits in cities throughout the country.
Here's the list:
- San Francisco, CA
- Oakland, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Las Vegas, NV
- Raleigh, NC
- Columbus, OH
- Seattle, WA
- Kansas City, MO
- Denver, CO
- San Diego, CA
More like this:
- Council President Todd Gloria's campaign committee sitting on $54,000 in donations — Jan. 30, 2013
- Best of the worst: bad news San Diego audits of 2012 — Dec. 31, 2012
- San Diego 9th "Drunkest City" In The Country — Dec. 29, 2011
- San Diego Tops Nation in DUIs — Dec. 23, 2011
- Coronado: Where the Living Is Easy — Sept. 5, 2011