Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Aug. 29
San Diego Ranks 38 in Best Cities for Business Study
San Diego placed 38th in a recent Marketwatch study that surveyed the best cities for business. The study looked at 102 cities across the country with populations in excess of 500,000 people. It factored in the revenue output generated by businesses as well as the number of companies headquartered in the city.
San Diego finished just ahead of Milwaukee, Albany, and Little Rock.
San Francisco (#31) and San Jose (#25) were the highest ranking cities in the state.
Other California cities didn't fare so well. The study determined Stockton was the worst city for business. Riverside placed second to last.
More like this:
- Padres: You get less bang for the buck — June 24, 2013
- San Diego Top-Ten Most Eco-Friendly City In Nation — Aug. 4, 2012
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- San Diego Is iPad Friendly — Aug. 9, 2011
- Mayor Declares June "San Diego Craft-Beer Month" — June 1, 2011