Daniel Powell 2 p.m., Feb. 26
Hillcrest: farewell Urban Eats, welcome Parma
More musical chairs at a challenging location
First it was an Italian coffee house, Caffe Vergnano 1882 - it had been going since 1882 at the chain's HQ in Turin, Italy.
That lasted a matter of months at this location in the beautiful ol' French-Indochina style (at a guess) building at 3850 5th Avenue in Hillcrest. Then it became Urban Eats, a spare, modernist eatery.
Now, the winds of change have hit again. Urban Eats is gone...
...and the sign on the window promises "Parma," another Italian outfit.
No word yet on who, or how expensive, or when.
Romantic location? Yes. Money-making? Third time could be the charm
More like this:
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- Parma Cucina Italiana — April 15, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- Filner takes on the La Mesa sewage spill! — Jan. 22, 2013
- Prep Kitchen Little Italy: 2012 was a very good year... — Jan. 7, 2013