Scott Ellis 3 a.m., March 12
Hillcrest: farewell Urban Eats, welcome Parma
More musical chairs at a challenging location
First it was an Italian coffee house, Caffe Vergnano 1882 - it had been going since 1882 at the chain's HQ in Turin, Italy.
That lasted a matter of months at this location in the beautiful ol' French-Indochina style (at a guess) building at 3850 5th Avenue in Hillcrest. Then it became Urban Eats, a spare, modernist eatery.
Now, the winds of change have hit again. Urban Eats is gone...
...and the sign on the window promises "Parma," another Italian outfit.
No word yet on who, or how expensive, or when.
Romantic location? Yes. Money-making? Third time could be the charm
More like this:
- French, Italian and Carla — May 28, 2013
- Parma Cucina Italiana — April 15, 2013
- Prep Kitchen Little Italy: 2012 was a very good year... — Jan. 7, 2013
- Sora on Broadway: Drink and ye shall eat — Jan. 4, 2013
- Urban Eats? Urban Apps! — April 13, 2012