Dorian Hargrove 5:30 p.m., March 26
Pacific Beach eateries cook up culinary tribute to Super Bowl
California Kebab and Papa Luna's Empanadas pay homage to 49ers and Ravens
Two Pacific Beach eateries are celebrating the Super Bowl this Sunday with special dishes inspired by the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers.
Mediterranean restaurant and bar California Kebab (4150 Mission Blvd.) will have a creamy San Francisco Bay chowder and a variety of Bay Area beers along with their house beers from Amplified Ale Works.
Anyone wearing Niners gear gets half off of their first round of drinks.
About a mile northeast, Papa Luna’s Empanadas is offering a takeout-only special on two Super Bowl team-themed empanadas:
“Joe’s Special Empanada” unites “San Fransisco’s favorite ingredients” with spinach, ground beef, mushroom, egg, and onion.
Representing Maryland is the “Crab Cake Empanada” filled with blue crab and served with lemon aioli sauce.
More like this:
- California Kebab & Beer Garden celebrates a year in Pacific Beach — May 11, 2013
- Celebrate National Empanada Day with Papa Luna's in Pacific Beach — April 2, 2013
- California Kebab announces SDSU location closure — March 14, 2013
- Amplified Ale Works announce Sunday beer & bacon brunch — March 2, 2013
- California Kebab & Beer Garden unveils Amplified Ale Works — Oct. 18, 2012