Jay Allen Sanford 7 p.m., March 29
The signs are up, the rolled architects’ plans are on the work tables, the “Hiring” signs are plastered over the front windows… a new sushi joint is about to hit the streets.
We’re talking about the Ross store’s corner spot right by the trolley stop at 5th and C. Kinda kitty-corner to The House of Blues.
This space (at 1100 Fifth Avenue) used to be the Red Zone sports bar.
Its main problem: being across the tracks from the main Gaslamp action. But a serious sushi place with a full bar (guess they’ve inherited the license) could be a different story.
As they say: Good Sushi needs no Bushi.
Talking of monikers, looks like this will be called “Ogawashi’s” from those hiring signs.
Plus, hey, looks like they’re seriously hiring.
More like this:
- East Village: Dine and shine, glug and go — Oct. 8, 2012
- Omygosh it's Ogawashi: But is it eats or art? — Sept. 7, 2012
- Opening next Monday: Ogawashi, at… Oga Wa Shi? — Aug. 21, 2012
- Can Taken 2 Possibly Top Taken in the Phone Call Department? — June 25, 2012
- Elephant and Castle: Beat This View! — June 8, 2012