Mercy Baron 9:30 p.m., July 29
Chocolat: The Perfect Pour?
Are there cheaper places to buy coffee? At $3.18, including tax, for the house coffee, you betcha. Plus here at Chocolat (3896 5th Avenue, Hillcrest, 619-574-8500)...
...while you're waiting for the danged cawfee to be made, you have to look at all these skerrumptious cookies and home-made candies.
But here's the thing: I defy any place in town to have a smoother-pouring li'l coffee pot.
This silver beauty here pours the purest column of coffee I can remember. No splitters, no splats.
I know. It's no big deal. Just one of those tiny pleasures you remember as you sip while you wait for the Number 11 stretch limo.
Which, as it happens, stops right outside.
Plus, one pot, you get two cups. So I guess you could halve the price. Hey! Now you don't have to feel bad about feeling good.
More like this:
- Little Italy: Mezcal, corn dogs rule at Art & Commerce — April 12, 2013
- Scoreboard: Pigs Do Fly...In IB — April 25, 2012
- The Pasha of F Street — April 19, 2012
- Thai Pepper: Into the Hot Pot — April 4, 2012
- Special Titanic 3-D Sneak Preview Screening! — April 4, 2012