Robert Bush 1 p.m., Jan. 31
A Mystery Is Brewing in the Ranch
"It may be good, may be great, may not. It certainly won't be everybody's favorite." It's not exactly the type of verbiage you'd expect in the marketing of a brand new consumable, but such was the commentary from Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits when putting out a call to fans on their e-mail blast asking them to come forward and participate in a bit of experimentation.
The brewery, which currently holds the distinction of being the Best Small Brewing Company in the World, has brewed up a new batch of beer that is different from any of their existing styles and would like to get some feedback on it by inviting willing guinea pigs to visit the tasting room at their main brewing facility at 10051 Old Grove Road in Scripps Ranch and get a beta version pint straight from the cask.
Considering BP's affinity for high hops, mega malts, chili-infused beer, and ancient beer recipes, there's no telling what this new creature will be, but come on back to the blog page if you want to find out. Ballast Point's tasting room hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and supplies of the experimental beer are limited.
More like this:
- Early Look: Ballast Point in Little Italy — Sept. 9, 2013
- Beer of the Week: Ballast Point Sea Monster Imperial Stout — April 12, 2013
- Home Brew Mart to debut The Homework Series — Feb. 22, 2013
- Ballast Point...Beer...Boobs... — Aug. 30, 2012
- Beer Barrel-Aged Rum En Route in Scripps Ranch — July 10, 2012