Daniel Powell 7:02 p.m., Aug. 31
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Improved Tourist Influx in Tijuana; Man Shot in Broad Daylight
Improved Tourist Influx in Tijuana (Uniradio Informa, 1/14/13)
TIJUANA, BC - The climate of security in Tijuana has resulted in a greater influx of tourists as traders expect sales to rebound looking toward the spring and summer seasons, informed the President of the merchants of the Avenue Revolution, Julian Palombo Saucedo, who noted that there has been a slight up tick.
"Fortunately in comparison with previous years as was in the start of year 2012 we had a better start. It has not been like other January declines when sales plunged down. In this case have had a regular influx of tourists this season and hence goals have remained 10 - 15% higher than in 2012. This is due to the security environment that is felt and many residents come from the U.S. who need to see the doctor or buy medicine. Some of them buy food that is more economical here by crossing the border and there is an economic impact that generally benefits us," he said. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo168793.html
Man Shot in Broad Daylight (Uniradio Informa, 1/13/13)
TIJUANA, BC - This Sunday, around 12:30 p.m. an alleged client of "Los Masajes" and Bar Black Bull was shot dead when leaving. The victim died right in front of the place, in the parking area, on 8th Street between avenida Revolución and Constitution.
The victim was robust in complexion with a beard and short hair, 40 to 45 years old and wearing jeans. It is presumed he was a former official of the City Government. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/policiaca/articulo168584.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Political Parties Urged to Recognize Same Sex Unions; In BC, 50,000 are Eligible for a Higher Education — Jan. 19, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Business in Zona Rio Closed Down; Tijuana Residents Surveyed to Meet their Needs — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: SDPD Follow Serial Killer Case; Pedestrian Building at El Chaparral POE Ready in March — Jan. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Below Zero Temperatures Predicted; Corpses Found in Different Areas of Tijuana — Jan. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 6,300 Pupils Return to Classes; Bus Company Denies Invading Routes — Jan. 7, 2013