Barnaby Monk 5:30 a.m., Aug. 24
It's curtains for Digiplex Mission Valley
I haven't been in the big #7 house since Hazard Center was taken over by Digiplex.
Something was noticeably different about the auditorium. I couldn't see the screen for the drapes!
Is there another movie theatre in San Diego that has moveable stage curtains in one of its boxes? MoPA does -- I saw to it! -- but the pesky motor crapped out after the first year and I don't think the drapery has moved since.
The velour, plum-colored floor-to-ceiling screen covering in Hazard Center #7 has not functioned properly since the Madstone regime. It's a classy touch. Thank you, Digiplex, for making them move once more.
If only Getaway was worthy of such an elegant unveiling.
More like this:
- McCartney concert screenings in Poway, Temecula, Mission Valley, more — May 14, 2013
- Martin Papazian to speak at 3 screenings of Least Among Saints — March 20, 2013
- Hurricane 'Tiny' rips through San Diego Latino Film Festival — March 11, 2013
- San Diego Latino Film Festival runs March 7 - 17 — March 5, 2013
- Digiplex agrees to purchase 5 local UltraStar Cinemas — Dec. 12, 2012