Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Dec. 5
SDAFF adds encore screenings
In case you missed the San Diego Asian Film Festival's opening night presentation of Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey, there will be an encore screening tomorrow night at 7:15 pm. The documentary tells the story of the rock band Journey's loss of their lead-singer and the subsequent search for a replacement-Perry. Enter Filipino singer Arnel Pineda, whose YouTube videos landed him the spot as the band's new front man.
There will also be a repeat performance of Daniel Hsia's romantic comedy, Shanghai Calling, on November 9 at 6:45 pm. SDAFF programmer Eric Lallana writes, "The immigration story is as old as America itself. The 21st century, however, sees the rise of the reverse: the story of the expat, in particular the one who moves to a major metropolis in China, where commerce is king and English is as much the lingua franca as Mandarin. In these uncharted waters of mobility and migration are fresh laughs and new possibilities of what it means to be Asian American."
Both films screen at UltraStar Mission Valley at Hazard Center. Click for more information.
More like this:
- 2013 San Diego Asian Film Festival here we come! — Oct. 9, 2013
- SDAFF screens documentary Give Up Tomorrow tomorrow night at MoPA — Sept. 5, 2012
- San Diego Asian Film Foundation's Spring Showcase Kicks Off This Week — April 16, 2012
- The San Diego Asian Film Festival Encourages You to Let the Bullets Fly — March 6, 2012
- Update on Asian Film Festival Screening of The Viral Factor — Jan. 20, 2012