Matthew Lickona 3 p.m., April 28
Review: 10 reasons why The Big Wedding was an offer DeNiro couldn't refuse
10.) It offered the chance to fulfill DeNiro's lifelong dream of being vomited on in a Katherine Heigl romcom.
9.) The 'c' word was in the script.
8.) Playing a character named "Don" and starring alongside Diane Keaton, director Justin Zackham fooled him into thinking it was another Godfather sequel.
7.) Working opposite his old Awakenings pal Robin Williams as a priest?! How the f@#k much funnier does it get than that?
6.) Producers allowed him to keep the wardrobe.
5.) Marty bet that it would be impossible for Bobby D. to appear in something worse than Stardust.
4.) The script hasn't been written that the World's Greatest Actor of his Generation will turn down!
3.) The idea of starring as a divorced man who is forced to pretend that he and his ex are still together in order to fool his future in-law's struck Bob as a fresh and innovative departure.
2.) He needed the bath.
1.) No fat Greeks were harmed during the filming.
Reader Rating: Zero Stars.
More like this:
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- The long, long titles: Part 2 — April 22, 2013
- The long, long titles: Part 1 — April 16, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- The Shining is The Evil Dead — April 3, 2013