Don Bauder 1:26 p.m., Aug. 2
Retired film critic Gene Shalit gets 'thumbs down' from Massachusetts police
Gene Shalit faces a charge of driving to endanger after the retired Today Show movie critic introduced his car to a utility pole before coming to a stop against a home.
OMG! reports the 86-year-old Shalit told Lennox, Massachusetts police that he fell asleep at the wheel. He was issued a summons to appear before a clerk magistrate in Southern Berkshire District Court in Great Barrington at a future date.
Shalit, who walked away from the incident unharmed, was with Today from 1973 until his retirement in 2000.
More like this:
- The Gaslamp cop cam case that won't die — May 1, 2015
- Victim of car break-in located the suspect for Oceanside police — Aug. 5, 2013
- Gene Hackman defends wife against foul-mouthed street person — Oct. 31, 2012
- Police canine demonstration in Carlsbad — Oct. 14, 2012
- Four-Year-Old Shooting Incident Delayed Again — Aug. 17, 2012