Jeff Smith noon, March 8
Retired film critic Gene Shalit gets 'thumbs down' from Massachusetts police
Gene Shalit faces a charge of driving to endanger after the retired Today Show movie critic introduced his car to a utility pole before coming to a stop against a home.
OMG! reports the 86-year-old Shalit told Lennox, Massachusetts police that he fell asleep at the wheel. He was issued a summons to appear before a clerk magistrate in Southern Berkshire District Court in Great Barrington at a future date.
Shalit, who walked away from the incident unharmed, was with Today from 1973 until his retirement in 2000.
More like this:
- Victim of car break-in located the suspect for Oceanside police — Aug. 5, 2013
- Dig a Fox Hole: David Copley — Nov. 21, 2012
- Gene Hackman defends wife against foul-mouthed street person — Oct. 31, 2012
- The Big Screen Percolates Tempest in a Coffee Cup — April 6, 2012
- My Dinner With Herve - DA FILM! DA FILM! — May 11, 2011