Dorian Hargrove 8 p.m., Dec. 11
A young man said to be a “documented” member of the “Esco Boys gang” was sentenced to 40 months custody today. The judge recommended “fire camp.”
Alexander Pedro Cueva, 21, pleaded guilty to felony evade officer with reckless driving last month. Escondido police reported that a gang of youths were threatening a boy with bricks and sticks and bats and a knife, the night of May 28 2012. The boy’s mother pulled her son into their apartment about the same time police arrived, according to investigators, and then some of the aggressors escaped in a car driven by Alexander Pedro Cueva.
The silver Infinity car, reportedly registered to Cueva, “failed to yield and led police on a high speed pursuit,” according to documents found in court files. The chase ended when Cueva’s car crashed in a residential front yard; driver Cueva fled on foot but was later captured, police reported.
Alexander Pedro Cueva was first noticed by authorities when he drove off with somebody’s golf cart in 2004, he was 13 years old then. In the next couple years he robbed somebody of his cigarettes at a Mexican food restaurant, and vandalized a high school bathroom, and made a “beer run” in which he stole a 20 pack of beer from a 7-Eleven store, according to court documents. Before he was 18, Cueva picked fights with other boys and employees at a “group home” for juvenile delinquents, in separate incidents.
As an adult, Cueva has been charged with attempted robbery using a weapon, burglary, assault, dissuade witness by force, DUI, unlicensed driver, and assault with a deadly weapon.
Court paperwork states Alexander Pedro Cueva’s gang moniker is “Keepster.” He is said to have “CUEVA” tatto'd on his left forearm.
When the alleged victims, the boy and his mother, were contacted regarding court dates, they reportedly declined to attend any hearings and stated they were “fearful of retaliation” and “did not wish to pursue criminal charges against any of the defendants.”
Honorable Daniel Goldstein pronounced sentence today, September 27, in San Diego's North County Superior Court.
More like this:
- Driver took the blame for cops shooting his passenger — Sept. 14, 2013
- Escondido man accused of gang crimes — Jan. 2, 2013
- Jury verdict for a man called “Downer” — Oct. 3, 2012
- Alleged Mexican Mafia gangster made a deal — Sept. 27, 2012
- Alleged Escondido Gangster Made a Plea Deal — Aug. 29, 2012