Ken Harrison 8:30 a.m., March 7
Butts in Seats Report
File under: News you can use!
In this week's Reader, my esteemed co-blogger Scott Marks offers an excellent guide to the physical act of moviegoing. The thing is, I know he's just scratching the surface with this one, because I've listened to him talk about projectors, screen ratios, digital vs. filmstock, and various and sundry other aspects of moving pictures, and all that is without getting into questions of legroom, seat padding, and popcorn prices.
Ladies and gentlemen, the Big Screen is not afraid to be servicey, and you can expect more helpful info on this front in the future. But for now, go thou and read the very real goodness that Marks is offering!
More like this:
- Landmark Blows Out Ken's 100 Birthday Candles With a Yawn — Aug. 16, 2012
- The Best Movie Theater in San Diego Just Got Better — July 6, 2012
- Why Cinepolis and the La Paloma Didn't Make the Cut — May 25, 2012
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Screens — May 17, 2012
- KPBS Film Critic Beth Accomando's Alexander "Feeling No" Payne Retrospective Concludes Tonight! — Nov. 14, 2011