Don Bauder 5:40 p.m., Sept. 15
New film by Sundance favorite (and San Diego's very own) Destin Cretton screens tomorrow
"I Am Not a Hipster" screens tomorrow night at 7pm at The Ken.
I do not know what the film is about, nor do I want to know what the film is about until after I see it. What I do know is San Diego filmmaker Destin Cretton has completed a new feature and that's good enough for me.
Destin Cretton's I Am Not a Hipster (which premiered at Sundance 2012) screens one time -- tomorrow night, 7pm at The Ken. Tickets are $10. Then it's off to general release. The film will not likely get a commercial run in San Diego. Face it: there aren't any truly independent theaters left to book a film like this.
If you cannot make it tomorrow, there's always the internet. The movie will be on on iTunes, Amazon, and VOD starting January 15. Click for more information.
I can't make it to tomorrow night's premier -- Thursday is my bowling night -- but a screener is in the mail. Check back in a week or so for a review of the film and an interview with Destin.
More like this:
- San Diego Film Critics Society holds quasi-annual awards luncheon — May 8, 2014
- Mutual wounds — Sept. 11, 2013
- So, what are you doing tonight? — April 5, 2013
- No hipsters, no canines — Jan. 30, 2013
- ¡Ay, Gevalt! 2nd Annual Jewish Latino Film Series Kicks Off Tomorrow — May 29, 2012