Ian Anderson 11 a.m., Oct. 27
Watch Martin Scorsese's Latest Masterwork on The Big Screen
It's not as riveting as this, and nothing will never touch this, but Marty's latest self-directed performance, this time as a pitchman for the iPhone 4S's "intelligent personal assistant," is now officially the Best Picture of 2012!
Some of His line-readings (particularly "Are you serious?) seem over-rehearsed. The tension one usually associates with a Scorsese opus is also lacking.
On the plus side, there is a sublime insert shot of Marty in the side-view mirror, and the following grab should make a suitable desktop image and Facebook banner.
Personally, I liked it better when Marty threw phones, not made nice to them.
What's the matter, Apple doesn't have enough dough to spring for a DeNiro cameo? Never one to tell Marty how to direct, there should have been a pull-back at the end to reveal Travis Bickle adjusting his Mohawk in the rear-view!
More like this:
- Goodfellas Scorsese and Liotta go back to school in Campus Life — April 11, 2013
- Today on Cinema de la YouTube: Boxcar Bertha — Nov. 20, 2012
- Today is Scorsese's birthday! — Nov. 17, 2012
- Free movies of the week: First films — Nov. 9, 2012
- Bud, the Bickle We Knew! — Dec. 5, 2011