Jeff Smith 4 p.m., Aug. 28
Watch Martin Scorsese's Latest Masterwork on The Big Screen
It's not as riveting as this, and nothing will never touch this, but Marty's latest self-directed performance, this time as a pitchman for the iPhone 4S's "intelligent personal assistant," is now officially the Best Picture of 2012!
Some of His line-readings (particularly "Are you serious?) seem over-rehearsed. The tension one usually associates with a Scorsese opus is also lacking.
On the plus side, there is a sublime insert shot of Marty in the side-view mirror, and the following grab should make a suitable desktop image and Facebook banner.
Personally, I liked it better when Marty threw phones, not made nice to them.
What's the matter, Apple doesn't have enough dough to spring for a DeNiro cameo? Never one to tell Marty how to direct, there should have been a pull-back at the end to reveal Travis Bickle adjusting his Mohawk in the rear-view!
More like this:
- Goodfellas Scorsese and Liotta go back to school in Campus Life — April 11, 2013
- Hanukkah humbug as Lindsay Lohan nixes Bar Mitzvahs — Dec. 18, 2012
- Today is Scorsese's birthday! — Nov. 17, 2012
- There Is Something Haywire About Releasing the First 5 Minutes of Haywire — Jan. 12, 2012
- Bud, the Bickle We Knew! — Dec. 5, 2011