Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 11
Mr. Marks thinks that "the raging romance between [Elizabeth] Taylor and [Richard] Burton is best left for some stargazing television hack to direct, not Marty [Scorsese]." Also that Natalie Portman "has far too much talent and not enough feminine pulchritude to play Liz." How about Mad Men's Christina Hendricks?
Hendricks isn't exactly an ingenue, but contra Mr. Marks, I think a dynamite picture could be made about Taylor and Burton around the time they did Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
More like this:
- Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood — Sept. 2, 2011
- Picture Story: Grand Opening of the Newly Refurbished Coronado Village Theater — June 24, 2011
- Dept. of Cinematic Muses — June 22, 2011
- Scorsese to Direct Big-Screen Biopic of Liz and Dick? — June 2, 2011
- Roundup: More Slumming Graybeards — May 17, 2011