Various Authors 4:06 p.m., July 26
Prometheus: Let's Talk About David
What, did you think we were finished? [Yes, more spoilers.]
Okay, so let's suppose Peter Weyland wasn't delusional - that we really are the new gods, thanks to our ability to create super-lifelike androids like David:
But in that case, the question remains, who is Prometheus, and what does he steal?
Answer: no answer. David seems much more interested in the other great theme of Prometheus, the one articulated by David himself: "Doesn't everyone want their parents dead?"
It's pretty clear why Vickers wants Weyland dead. But why would David want his "parents" dead? Here's one hint:
In other words: if our existence is ultimately meaningless, or even if it's directed entirely toward the benefit of another, we might start to resent the gods who made it that way.
More like this:
- Prometheus: Two More Possibilities — June 11, 2012
- Very Short Lists: Prometheus Edition — June 11, 2012
- Charlize Theron, Conflicted Soul — June 7, 2012
- Terrifying New Image from Prometheus — May 11, 2012
- Do you know the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field? — May 9, 2012