Vincent Farnsworth 6:31 p.m., Dec. 4
Did Anyone Notice That a New DeNiro Film Opened Last Friday?
You open a film in San Diego that stars Robert DeNiro and I have to find out about it from friends on the street?
Red Lights, a new thriller starring DeNiro, Sigourney Weaver, and Cillian Murphy opened last Friday to zero fanfare at Horton Plaza.
Does Regal Cinemas not want people to know that they occasionally screen art, independent, and foreign films? At least hook a brother up with a screener or a pass-in to review the pictures. (A call to an assistant manager at Horton Plaza yielded the following quote: "We don't give pass-ins to the press.")
I have seen every one of Bobby D's films in a theatre and given the fact that Red Lights closes tomorrow, there's no way for me to get down there to cover it.
Hey, Reading, any chance of this being moved over to the Gaslamp for a week? Pretty please!
As for the folks at Regal Cinemas,
More like this:
- Trailer Park: Rocky Stallone vs. Jake DeNiro in Grudge Match — Sept. 13, 2013
- Review: 10 reasons why The Big Wedding was an offer DeNiro couldn't refuse — April 25, 2013
- Trailer Park: Hansel and Gretel Get Baked — Feb. 20, 2013
- Crybaby DeNiro gives best performance in years — Feb. 6, 2013
- Robert DeNiro Buckles Under Pressure and Apologizes for "Racist" Remark — March 21, 2012